Quality in Extended Services Advanced Recognition Award
Cubitt Town Infant and Junior Schools worked together to gain a collaborative award where our extended services practice and delivery was recognised as Advanced.
The Advanced Status represents the leading edge of work in Extended Learning and indicates a whole school commitment to innovative practice.
Our aspects of leading edge practice were;
- The extensive and inclusive support for the entire school community developed through an investment in a community house and a dedicated Parent Support Coordinator a decade ago.
- A long-term programme of support and lifelong learning programmes for parents and the wider community, which has demonstrated success in many forms e.g.
- Parents in the community house have shown greater confidence in being able to support theirown child’s learning.
- The community house acts as a hub bringing together new families to the area alongside established families, which enables real integration and a shared understanding of different heritages and cultures.
- The ethos of ‘you can’! is one that the schools demonstrate for all its families.
- The schools support their community in feeling confident and able to access the local facilities and go beyond their doorsteps.